You can edit your PDFs extensively with the free Foxit Reader. You can find out in this practical tip whether you can also use it to combine files.
If you want to combine several PDF files with Foxit Reader, you unfortunately have to switch to another program such as AnyPDF:
- Go to page https://any-pdf.com/merge/
- Drag and drop the PDF files you want to merge into the upload area.
- At the top, click Merge All Or Selected Documents. This is the symbol with the two rings that intersect.
- Now select the files you want and the free tool will merge your PDFs.
Adobe Acrobat: make PDF documents smaller
You can shrink large PDF documents with Adobe Acrobat so that they take up less storage space. Our instructions will help you.
These instructions apply to Adobe Acrobat 11.0.0.
- Open your PDF document with Adobe Acrobat.
- Click File> Save As, and choose Optimized PDF.
- Now check where the most memory is being used by clicking “Memory Check”.
- In the left bar you can choose which elements you want to compress.
- Since pictures usually take up the most storage space, you should change the picture settings.
- The lower the ppi (pixels per inch) value, the less memory is used. This reduces the quality of the images.